GAPI in the Belgian Business Press
Trends, a renowned Business Magazine in Belgium, recently published an article on the GAPI worldwide network. They interviewed Lou Van Beirendonck, Founder-Director of Quintessence Consulting, our Belgian partner, on the advantages of being part of an international network as GAPI. Because the interview was held in Dutch we gladly provide you with a summary of the content.
Lou starts with some extra explanation on the structure of the business platform of GAPI: 14 hr companies spread over 25 locations. His Belgian organization Quintessence was founding partner of Gapi because being part of this network enabled the consulting firm to offer the same services to multinationals as to local companies and therefore being competitive with international players.
Lou Van Beirendonck also explains that GAPI is far more than just a strategy that offers business opportunities. It's also a forum to exchange knowledge and to learn from each other. During the annual meetings there is ample time to discuss the development of new tools, approaches, hr experience and concepts.
The interview dwells further on the different aspects and conditions for setting up a constructive international network, also based on experiences with less successful former networks. The following aspects should be focused on:
- Align the vision of the network partners on working internationally, positioning on the market and values.
- Install strict rules on joining or leaving the network.
- Fees differ per country and should be clearly specified to the customers.
- Don't install an international network for revenue reasons only. International service to local clients is the main target and this will automatically have a positive influence on your revenue!
- Explain the structure of your network and the advantage of working with local partners to your clients as they will not automatically perceive a network as a strong, single brand. They will only experience the advantage of global coordination in combination with a local personal approach during their first experience with you and your network partners.